Here you may find some useful links. I know that there are a lot of sites about Mercedes-Benz. However, I do not have the intention to publish the complete list of links here. These links have however been very useful to me so give them a try! If you think that I really ought to add an other Mercedes-Benz link here, feel free to contact me and I'll add it! You can also find other interesting contacts in the "Acknowledgements" article.
- Mercedes-Benz Ponton Page (where you can find almost everything you need to know about the Ponton!)
- International Ponton Owner Group Forum
- Mercedes-Benz IG
- vdh e.V. - www.mercedesclubs.de
- Mercedes Benz Veteranenclub e.V.
- Mercedes-Benz Klubben, Sweden
Facebook and its Mercedes-groups are of course another source for knowledge. I do however prefer old-style forums since it's easier to document, share and search for scarce Ponton knowledge. But hey, that's your choice! The groups I can recommend for a Pontonista are "Mercedes Ponton-Fans: W 120/W 121/W 105/W 180/ W 128", "Mercedes Benz Ponton W180", "Mercedes-Benz 180 W120", "Mercedes Benz Ponton W120 / W121", "Mercedes Benz 190 SL 1955 - 1962" and "Mercedes Benz Ponton Restoration/Repair".
Some of the companies I've been using over the years:
- CB´s Autoteile (Germany) for superb, original looking sound dampening and panels for the instrument panel and engine bay as well as a lot of support and dialogue around it. Christian also made a new parcel shelf based on my old one.
- Will Samples in Dallas, USA for his brake booster kit and outstanding friendliness and help.
- Werner Karasch & Co GmbH (Germany), parts
- Firma Niemöller (Germany), parts
- Günter Krieg Kabelbäume (Germany), complete set of new cable harness
- Trumlingsaktiebolaget (Sweden) for knowing how to tumble aluminium parts to the 100% correct finish and having a genuine interest in what we Ponton-heads are doing and talking about
- Sifverts Skruv AB (Sweden) for all types of fasteners, tools etc
- Kuntze & Co AB, a Swedish company for all types of general, none-MB-specific rubber and related products
- Himmelservice Ingrid Oppermann is a German company with material for the interior and Webasto sunroof
- GAHH (USA) for interior incl leather upholstery for our Pontons
- Thomas Hanna, Ponton Manufaktur (Germany), who gave me support and is an excellent source for Ponton parts
- Holger Merker Autosattler (Germany, Hamburg), who gave me for support for the sunroof installation and also provided me with some material. If I would do a Webasto roof again, I would let him do everything
- Ka-Jo Tachodienst in Germany for a perfect restoration of the instruments as well as a very good source for instrument related parts
- MB Classics (Germany) for parts
Don't forget ebay etc. A search for "mercedes ponton" on the local, German "classifieds" ebay, https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/, is well worth a try. If you're just looking for parts you use the filer "Autoteile & Reifen". You'll find used, and also New Old Stock, parts. Most of the sellers seem to be willing to communicate in English (besides German of course) and ship outside Germany.
Do also see the article Acknowledgements, maybe one of those can help you out as well!